Looking for some assistance in funding your school playground, outdoor fitness center, or classroom? There are several options that can be pursued.
Funding possibilities include using ESSER (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief); ARP (American Rescue Plan); or CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act) to complete your project.
These resources come with flexibility for district leaders to decide how to use the funds to meet the needs of students, educators, and families.
Through play, children develop social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language skills that transcend the playground and lay the foundation for future development. Providing children an opportunity to spend time outdoors improves concentration and engagement while increasing productivity and creativity.
Here are just a couple ideas for how funding from these resources could be used:
- Allowing children to spend more time outside learning, exploring, and connecting with nature by investing in an outdoor classroom.
- Building, adding to, or renovating outdoor play areas for increased activity during phy ed classes, recess, after-school programs or athletics
- Creating inclusive play spaces that bring equity to play for children of all ages and ability levels
- Fostering creativity through sensory play spaces where kids can learn about music, play games and work on their social skills
- Adding seating areas, bike racks, hand sanitizer stations, and other items that promote convenience and cleanliness
The options are limitless, and there is no wrong answer when it comes to promoting movement, creativity, and learning in an outdoor space.
At fun abounds, we can help guide you through the funding process on the way to making your dream playground, outdoor fitness area or playspace a reality.